Coffee Fountains, and Calorie-free Potatoes?!? The Mystery Blogger Award!
We have officially done it, SR Nation! We have won one of those Blogger awards that you have probably seen swarming the WordPress blogs. I would always make excuses on why they were ridiculous…But deep down, in places I don’t talk about at parties, I want that award, I NEED THAT AWARD! (That’s a movie quote, sort of…). But I am honored that Cody Stroup would even think about nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award (Sounds great, doesn’t it?). So everyone go check out Cody Stroup’s blog, Quarter Life Crisis…He was nominated for this award as well, so go follow him!
Here are the rules:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
You got the rules? Great, now here are three facts about yours truly.
Three Things about Me (Bassett):
- “Bassett” is a nickname I had when I was really young, because I would pretend to be a dog, and my older siblings/friends would sometimes called me Bassett (I was young, so I wasn’t crazy…Just imaginative). That is why all of y’all know me by Bassett! Maybe I could do a real name reveal at a 1,000 followers. FYI, I do have a Bassett Hound now.
- I am a BIG fan of the Peanuts comic strip. I have the entire collection of Peanuts comic strips, which is 50 years in total (1950-2000). Snoopy is my spirit animal. It was because of my love for the Peanuts comic strip that I used to want to be a cartoonist.
- English is my secondary language…Sarcasm is my primary form of communication. The more you know!
Cody asked some great questions, so here are my answers.
My Answers to Cody’s Questions:
1. Other than the default apps on your phone (phone, messages, email, maps, calendar etc.) what is the one app you cannot live without?
WordPress App, or ESPN App. Okay, I could pick and choose between the two of these apps. The WordPress app is SUPER handy, as I can get automatic messages saying when people like/comment on Sports Reaction. So it is nice to have updates about my blog be on my phone. However, the ESPN app helps a bunch when it comes to researching sports, and keeping me updated about the latest sports happenings. I am leaning more towards the WordPress App, however. If you have the WordPress App on your phone, do you think it is useful?
2. What has been your favorite vacation you have been on?
Once, I took a family vacation, and had no idea where we would end up. We were just going to drive, and we would see where we would land! Well, we ended up in Minnesota, at one of the nicest resorts out there! The resort had little lodges that we stayed at, and had mountain bikes, canoes, a gym, an indoor game room, an indoor pool and hot tub, and giant Jenga (the only type of Jenga)! Having a plan all set out is nice and all, but it is always nice to have a break from the structure that is life, and to just be free to explorer.
P.S. I only counted 9,987 lakes in Minnesota…Who are you trying to fool, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources?
3. If you could go back and watch any TV series for the first time, what would it be?
The Andy Griffith Show. Okay, if you do not know…The Andy Griffith Show is a 60’s show about a small town, and it follows the sheriff around in this quirky little town. My childhood grew up on the Andy Griffith Show. If I could go back and watch any TV Series for the first time, that would definitely be the choice. I just remember the great amount of joy I would have when my favorite characters came onto the screen. Maybe I am searching for child-like joy once again, and that definitely would be a good start.
4. If you could make one food item or dish calorie free, what would it be?
Potatoes. And I am not saying that ironically. I love potatoes…I dream about potatoes…The only way to make potatoes better is to make them healthier (since they are not the healthiest of options). Plus, there are so many different foods you can make with Potatoes…Mashed potatoes, baked-potatoes, fried potatoes, grilled potatoes, French fries, potato soup, potato casserole, etc…So many different options.
Okay…I’ve got a Potato Story (The best kind of story):
So I was out at a Mongolian grill (it is like a buffet, but you put all of this “not-yet-cooked” food into a bowl, and put various sauces onto them, and take them to a cook named Jeffery, and he will cook it for you). Well, I had already gotten a plate of food, and had eaten all of it, and wanted a bowl full of only potatoes (I was 10, so cut me some slack)…Anyways, my sister offered to get a bowl full of potatoes for me. So she went up, and got herself a bowl, and got me a bowl of only potatoes. She came back, and gave me my bowl…I bite into one of the potatoes, and learned quickly…They were NOT potatoes, but actually water chestnuts. A BOWL full of chestnuts. My Sister got confused between what a chopped water chestnut, and a chopped potato looks like. Anyways, that was just a random story, and I still wonder what that cook must of thought.
5. If you had a water fountain in your house and could make it dispense any liquid you want what would it be? Here’s the catch, you have to drink at least 2 quarts of it per day.
I am a big coffee person….I am one of the biggest coffee drinkers I know, and I know a whole ten people, so that just shows how serious I am with coffee.
But I drink a lot of coffee. Probably around 5 cups on average, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I drink a lot (of coffee, that is). I always get a Breve Latte with 6 shots at the local coffee shop here (great coffee), and after I wake up from the 15 second black-out I get from all of that caffeine, I may get a scone.
However, this leads up to my point. I would like to have a Coffee Fountain, that specifically dispenses Kopi Luwak Coffee (or Civet Coffee).
This type of coffee is known for being ate by little furry civets (pictured), and then the beans are…Um…Dispensed from the animal, and used to make Kopi Luwak Coffee. They say it is the greatest coffee in the world, but I would not know, since I have never had it
Now I know you may be thinking, “Then why does he want a type of coffee that he has never tasted?”. Simple, my dear Watson…Money. Civet Coffee costs about $50-$100 per cup (not your normal $5 latte). Think how much money I could make by having Civet Coffee popping out of a fountain! If I sold only 10 cups per day, at the cheapest price ($50), I would still make $500 a day, or $182,500 a year (at the most modest amount)! Who needs a fountain of youth when you can get 6-figures from doing practically nothing?
My Nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award:
This was a really hard decision, SR Nation. Most of you are bloggers yourselves, and I would like nothing more than to give this to all of you. The entire SR Nation deserves the Mystery Blogger Award MUCH more than I do. However, I cannot give out 155 awards, sadly (it is supposed to be between 10-20), but if I could, I would. Here are my nominations:
- Mark Leopold at Sports Thoughts
- Rob Carbone at It’s My Opinion
- Reid “Dutch Lion” at Dutch Lion Sports
- All of the “Miscreants” at Sorryless
- Elganspo at Cocinaitaly
- Daryle Morgan at Dare2DreamWorks
- Joel Deering at Fourth Quarter Sports
- AnotherWanderer at Through Fantasy and Reality
- Mary Beth at WriteforLife2017
- The News “They” do not want you to know about at Very Ersatz News
- Dave Ettinger at Dave Talks Sports
- Captain Grace at My Inexplicably Long Site Title
- Brandon Sullivan at The Sullivan Spin
There you go, 13 blogs…Lucky 13! Now I follow all of these great bloggers above, and I would like the SR Nation to give all of them a wave of likes, and follows…You will not regret following any of these great bloggers! Most of them are Sports Blogs, and doing a Blog Award may be a little different for most of us who write only about Sports every single day (or in my case, every 5 days). So I will not be offended if some of them do not do this, it is perfectly understandable. But if they do, however, what questions should they have to answer…Hmmmmmm…
My 5 Questions:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What do you think W.L.Y.F (an acronym I say at the end of my posts) means?
- If you could have anybody’s singing voice, who’s would you choose?
- What is one movie quote that you always love to say (even if it doesn’t have anything to do with a conversation)?
- What’s the secret to happiness in 13 words or less? (You can either be serious, or sarcastic…Both are expectable.)
Okay, so check out those, now Mystery-blogger-awarded blogs to see there answers (if they decide to join in on the fun!). I always was skeptical of these blog nominations, since it really is more of a chain letter, than an award. All that is missing is a broad threat of 13 years bad luck. But I would not do that to the SR Nation!
But I would be interested in your answer to these questions as well, SR Nation! Put your answers in the comment section below, and remember, be the best sports fan you can be, and do WLYF!
Header Photo Source: Here
Potato Photo Source: Here